Advocating for people with lived experience of Borderline Personality Disorder in South Australia
We think it’s time that people affected by the diagnosis of borderline personality disorder have the opportunity to be part of an informal group - a peer to peer group just for those with a lived experience of BPD - for lobbying, systemic advocacy, sharing information - as we work together as one voice.
We think one of the best ways to do this is to create an informal email group as a BPD ‘community of peers’. We would do this by noting your email address which will not be shared with each other, anyone else or any organisation.
We want to raise awareness and increase an understanding about BPD within the health system and the community.
• Provide a voice for consumers affected by BPD
• Lobby for the issues and needs of consumers with BPD
• Promote acceptance of people affected by BPD
• Respond to each other respectfully acknowledging the value of diversity of views and opinions
• Lobby for better access to services
• Lobby for the provision of different treatment options for people with BPD
• Highlight the need to offer choices
• Lobby for the provision of state-wide BPD services which offer treatment choices including trauma informed care and practice.
If you live with BPD and would like to be connected with us, just register your details in the form below: